• Are you an HR Manager or Responsible for Payroll?
• Are you struggling with Garnishee orders (Emolument attachment orders)?
• Are employees borrowing against their Pension to make ends meet?
• Is everyone working at weekend jobs and are employees tired on Mondays?
• Is there friction in the workplace because of loans made by staff members amongst themselves?
• Are the staff members reluctant to answer calls in an endeavour to avoid their own creditors?
Employee financial wellness affects everyone in their environment, including family, friends and colleagues. Pay Plan Solutions has offered a number of FREE financial wellness programmes to many of the retail banks, including Absa and Nedbank and various corporates such as the Spur Group, Freddy Hirsch and Multichoice.
Retail banks and other companies who provide financial services often have the added concern that their staff need to be able to show healthy credit records in order to retain a certain accreditation within the financial services industry. Debt Counselling is often one of the few solutions that can render assistance by removing the danger of legal action and judgements.
Part of our duty as a firm that offers Debt Counselling Services is to provide Employee Financial Wellness powerlunch workshops (we offer them free of charge). Although these talks are customised to suit specific situations, some of the topics that we can focus on include:
• Disposable & discretionary income
• True cost of credit (impact of compound interest and extended terms)
• Financial implications of an account handed over to a debt collector
• Reading your own credit report (and the importance of drawing your own free annual credit report)
• Danger signs of over-indebtedness
• A practical example of what Debt Review does and what the repayment plan looks like
• How to choose the right debt counsellor and what to look out for so as to ensure that the process is running correctly.
Registered with the National Credit Regulator;,A Member of the Debt Counselling Association of South Africa; we serve on the National Executive Committee
We subscribe to Industry Best Practices and guarantee best advice. We adhere strictly to the Industry Codes of Conduct.